For some, learning by doing is the best way. Green Light Plants hosts a number of hands-on permaculture workshops throughout the year on our land with well known regional permaculture designers and teachers such as Eric Toensmier (Massachusetts), Andrew Faust (New York) and Ben Weiss (Lancaster, Pennsylvania). Check out our Events and Learning page for upcoming events and more information.
If you are local to Pennsylvania, you can learn more by joining the Eastern Pennsylvania Permaculture Guild.
“Meet other local people who support Permaculture design for creating more-sustainable human environments. Everyone welcome, including all regional residents, friends & supporters! Permaculture offers practical solutions to many of the problems facing the world by using ecology as the basis of organizing systems of food production, housing, technology, economics and community.
Please join us as we cultivate a beautiful, delicious and healthy tomorrow!
Activities include discussion groups, tours, workshops & more.” – quoted from EPPG’s site
* The Permaculture Handbook: Garden Farming for Town and Country by Peter Bane, Foreword by David Holmgren
* Thinking in Systems: A Primer by Donella Meadows
* PERMACULTURE: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holmgern Co-Originator of the Permaculture Concept
* The Lost Language of Plants: The Ecological Importance of Plant Medicines for Life on Earth by Stephen Harrod Buhner
* Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture by Toby Hemenway
* Invasive Plant Medicine: The Ecological Benefits and Healing Abilities of Invasives by Timothy Lee Scott